Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Additional Assignment #1

Google Squared is a great way to help students search the internet. Having the graph formation when searching allows for students to find things easier. Using Google Squared puts what you are searching for right in front you, instead of clicking on a link and searching some more. If students are writing reports, Google Squared would help them tremendously. Having the columns would help them find what they are looking for.
Wolfram Alpha is great tool for students to use also. No matter what you are searching for, Wolfram Alpha will be able to find it. This will be great for students to use to help with research projects or papers. Wolfram Alpha is a computational knowledge engine. using this will give you more information that a person will ever need.
I did not know about Google Squared or Wolfram Alpha before this assignment, but I wish I would have known about them. Both of these things would have helped me as a student writing papers and doing other projects. Now that I know about them, I will use them as a teacher. These will definitely help me when trying to teach.
The comments that were made about the "Did You Know" video did not alter thinking. Hearing what Dr. Strange had to say helped me understand the statistics. One thing that really confused me was that fact that China would become the #1 English speaking country in the world. This was kind of confusing at first, but now it makes sense. The reason why China will become the #1 English speaking country is because it's population is larger than the United States. Dr. Strange pointed it that "100% of the USA is still less than 25% of China speaking English.
I have learned from this video that when dealing with statistics, you must know all the information. I now understand the "Did You Know" video more because I understand that China's population is larger than the United States.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment