Saturday, September 25, 2010

Blog Post 5

"The Benefits of Podcasting in the Classroom"
This video gives great examples of how podcasts can be used in the classroom. Podcasting would be great in the classroom. Podcasting comes in handy when a student misses class. They can get on itunes or class blog to listen to the lecture that they missed. One student says "podcasts make learning fun." I agree. Using a podcast in the classroom allows variety and keeps the students interested. Podcasting is also great for parents. Parents can keep up with what is going on in their child's class.
"Eagles' Nest Radio and Class Blog"
I really enjoyed listening to the different podcasts. I love how the class made their podcast like a radio show. Using the podcast helps the kids be creative while still learning. After listening to these podcasts, I know that I want to try this in my classroom as well. Students' become more interested in learning if they are they ones teaching. This why podcast are very useful in the classroom.
"Langwitches"
I enjoyed listening to the first graders podcast. I think it is neat, that even at a young age, they are interested in doing something like this. Reading what the teacher blogged made the experience sound fun. This encourages me to do podcast in my classroom one day. The teacher pointed out that doing the podcast was a confidence booster for some kids. Students will forget about their shyness and want to be involved in recording the podcast. I thing it is neat they interviewed story characters. This is great way to get students interested in learning.

2 comments:

  1. I found that podcast can be a great access to teacher and students. I would also like to use this in my classroom. I just think the children can learn a lot and be more involved in the lesson. I also agree that this can help those students who lack those social skills become more comfortable with others.

    I would really enjoy creating a podcast with my students about many subjects. I think it is also a way to show students that being organized and working with others is very important to get a project complete.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Ali!

    Podcasting is an excellent teaching tool for many reasons. As you saw from this weeks selections students are typically enthusiastic and engaged when involved in doing a podcast. Also, as you pointed out it is a great way for students who may have missed class to keep up with material they missed. I hope you will consider podcasting with your future students.

    Your blog looks great. Keep up the good work. SS

    ReplyDelete