Wednesday, November 3, 2010

C4K Summary #2

Video
For the C4K #3, I commented on a video the students made of Leif Erickson. The students are in the 5th grade. For this video, the students dressed up and played different roles. It seems as though they had a great time making this video. I also commented that they learned a lot by acting out the story of Leif Erickson.
Barak Obama
For the C4K #4, I commented on Malik's blog. Malik is 11 years old. The post I commented on was one about Barak Obama. The student said that he liked what Obama had to say and that is all the blog post said. At the time, there were no other blog posts to comment on.
Chile Mine Collapse
For the C4K #5, I commented on Henri's blog. Henri is in the 7th grade. Henri wrote a post about the Chile miners being rescued. He gave a lot of information about the accident and posted pictures to his blog. I think it is great that the students were blogging about this and learning what was going on in this situation.
Christopher Columbus
Christopher ColumbusI think this has to be one of my favorite blogs that I have commented on. This student wrote a post about Christopher Columbus. I think the reason I found it so interesting is because I learned from it. Marti, my student, wrote about many different things that I didn't know about Columbus. I commented that I did not know some of the facts he talked about. I am very glad that I read this post.
OREO Project
OREO ProjectThis is also one of my favorites blogs to comment on. This post was about Oreo's! I commented on Olan's blog. For one of their math lessons the teacher incorporated Oreo's to help the students learn different things such as estimation. Olan posted that first they had to estimated how many Oreo's were in the bag. Then they did other things like seeing how fast they Oreo would dissolve in their mouth, and licking the cream out of the Oreo. To finish the students took the cookies an made something out of them. I think this is a great way to keep students interested in their work.

No comments:

Post a Comment