Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Additional Assignment #2

Right off, my favorite quote of this video is "Children will learn to do what they want to do". If those that are motivated are kids, I believe they can teach themselves. When kids are interested in anything they will motivate themselves to learn. In order for kids to teach themselves there must be some form of interest. This is the same for anyone who is learning. Computers and internet are the source of interest for anybody. The internet and computers consume people lives today. There are many different search engines that can be used to help people learn. Also with the internet and computers anybody can run into problems. Students can get easily distracted when on the computer. In order to motivate someone to learn, you must learn how the person learns best. Then a teacher can use what helps the student learn in his or her classroom. I am motivated to learn because I love kids and want to become a teacher. I know that if I'm not motivated to learn I will not become a teacher. I think if the motivation is not there, a person will not learn. If it is something the person is interested in, he/she will become motivated.
As a student I do teach myself. I do not just teach myself in my classroom, but I also I teach myself outside of the classroom. Somedays the motivation is there, somedays it isn't. I know this will help me as a future teacher. I know that in order to learn new things, I will have to teach myself. Teachers are there to help and encourage their students. Teachers are the ones who do the motivating. Without teachers, students may not be motivated. I believe that children will learn to do what they want. If students are interested they will be motivated to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment