Sunday, October 24, 2010

Blog Post 9

Mr. McClung

"What I've Learned This Year"
I really enjoyed reading this post. I know as a future teacher, I will feel the same way Mr. McClung felt. He gave many great tips on how to overcome this feeling. I agree with him when he says teachers become concerned with the delivery of their lesson. I do feel that teachers think more about themselves when giving lessons. As a future teacher, I must remember that it is not about me. I must understand that all my students may not learn the same way. I also agree that "no lesson plan is perfect." We can think that the lesson plan is perfect, but it will not be if the students do no understand it. I also know that I must listen to my students. If I have good communication with my students, I will understand what works best for my students. And the last point he made, "never stop learning." This is so true. After being in this class, I know that I cannot stop learning. Things will change and I know in order to be an effective teacher I must learn new things.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ali,
    I agree with your points. I definitely gathered the same from Mr. McClung's post. One of my favorite things was that he said the students needs should direct our teaching and that's true. Rather than our perfect lesson plan or pressure from those over us, the student's needs should be our core motivation for what we actually do. I also agree with you that we should live off the of the mantra "never stop learning". I know that's vital to be an effective teacher!
    Great post, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad that you have learned that learning never stops from EDM 310. I think another equally important lesson that can be wrangled from McClung's post is the power of public reflection. Sharing what you learn is key-- for students and teachers, aka "life long learners".

    ReplyDelete